Open Positions at South Central Media
We have several exciting opportunities to be a part of a rapidly growing company! South Central Media is a full-service radio and digital media company that provides innovative solutions to branding challenges by creatively applying the most appropriate technologies. Our priority is to remain on the forefront of technology and innovation and to continually keep our company and clients ahead of the curve. South Central Media is a nimble group with an entrepreneurial spirit; the company embraces and thrives on change and is inspired and passionate about how technology can change lives for the better both now and in the future.
Our company maintains a work environment where every person feels like a valued member of the team who deserves respect and dignity. We are seeking candidates who will always act with the best interests of the company and its employees and perform their job daily with the highest standards of integrity, honesty, and ethics.
Don’t see anything that is a fit for your experience? You can still submit your resume! Simply send us and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the type of position and office location that you’re interested in, along with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
EVANSVILLE, IN | DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Are you looking for a marketing and sales position that offers you the opportunity to make an un-capped income and provide effective solutions for clients in a team environment?
South Central Media in Evansville, IN has a position open for a Digital Account Manager. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of two – five years of proven sales experience and go-getter attitude.
2 – 5 years (sales, marketing, business development or related field)
Prospect, close and manage new clients, providing them online marketing solutions including web development, search engine marketing, social media, e-mail, and more.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable prospecting, cold calling & closing sales
- Able to identify client’s business and marketing needs
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new, technical information
- Upbeat, positive attitude
- Competitive drive
- New business “hunter” mentality
- Creative prospecting & multi-tasking skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge (PowerPoint & Word)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary plus Commission
- All standard company benefits accorded to full time employees including vacation, health/dental, 401(k), etc.
To apply, click here and send us your cover letter and resume.
NASHVILLE DIGITAL DIVISION | PHP/LAMP WEB DEVELOPER (FREELANCE)
South Central Media – Digital Division is seeking an experienced and talented freelance PHP/LAMP Web Developer. This individual will work on varying projects with internal web designers, developers and project managers, as well as be assigned projects to complete on an individual level. Ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, extensive PHP5/MySQL development experience, and will be able to quickly and effectively contribute to the needs and requirements of this fast-paced company.
- Top-notch PHP5 developer
- Full knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming
- Working knowledge of API’s and Web Services
- Experience working with Version Control (preferably Git)
- Intermediate understanding of Ajax
- Ability to work within the command line
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with WordPress and Drupal
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication
- Enthusiasm to continue learning
- Ability to work in a team environment with tight deadlines
To apply, click here and send us your cover letter and resume, along with links to your online portfolio (if available) and at least three (3) websites you’ve personally developed. This is a freelance position. Local candidates only. Please provide desired compensation when submitting your resume and cover letter. This position will require periodic on-site work and attendance at pre-specified internal company meetings.
NASHVILLE RADIO DIVISION | CREATIVE SERVICES/PRODUCTION DIRECTOR
Qualifications: Minimum 3 years experience in radio production or advertising agency. Video production experience is preferred. Excellent writing skills are a must. Qualified candidates will be versatile enough to work in a team atmosphere as well as in one-on-one situations with clients. Must be a warm, friendly communicator with a flair for originality and creativity. Able to simultaneously handle multiple tasks, work at a brisk pace and pay close attention to detail.
Summary of duties: Works in cooperation with the programming and sales departments, responsible for creating, writing and producing advertising copy, handling production needs for both stations and clients as assigned. Creating and editing video for radio stations and clients. Other duties include, but are not limited to, personally handling or assigning dubs and voiceover work, meeting with clients as needed, scheduling production sessions, reviewing commercial spots for quality, content and legality.
Start date: Immediately
Employee benefits: All standard company benefits accorded to full time employees, including 401(k), vacation, health/dental/vision.
Application close date: 4/02/13
Send resumes and work samples to: South Central Media
P.O. Box 40506
Nashville, TN 37204
(No calls please)
NASHVILLE DIGITAL DIVISION | SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING MANAGER
Career Level: Mid-Level Career (3-5 Years Experience)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Status: Freelance/Contractor
Hourly Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Are you passionate about helping clients learn not just new social media skills but the new thinking they need in a digital age? Do you enjoy spending your days thinking strategically about how to employ social media in powerful ways and then translating those thoughts into action? If so, then read on…
Digital marketing and web development agency located in Nashville, TN is seeking an experienced and talented freelance Social Media Marketing Manager. This individual will work on multiple client-facing social media campaigns across varying industry verticals. The ability to effectively translate technical concepts, processes and campaign results in a simple manner is essential. This person will be working closely with our internal project management team and will also be responsible for communicating our efforts and results via monthly reporting both directly and indirectly (via internal project management and campaign management teams) to clients.
Ideal candidates will have the enthusiasm to stay abreast of ongoing social media changes and will possess the ability to quickly adapt social media strategies accordingly.
The successful candidate will:
• Be super smart about assessing client needs and opportunities as they relate to social media.
• Be even smarter about developing social media strategies to address those needs and opportunities; develop and maintain comprehensive social media strategies that define how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all client brands and products.
• In conjunction with agency personnel, manage client accounts, conduct social media audits and provide recommendations that can quickly be turned into action.
• Lead social media marketing projects and produce outstanding content on deadline.
• Create mind-expanding curriculums on key social media topics and lead the development of agency-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media.
• Dig deep into SEO, ROI and social analytics and give our clients new and better ways to understand just what kind of difference their online efforts are making.
• Summarize your assessments in reports and presentations that are not only easy-to-understand, but lead to organizational change.
• Help set the strategic direction of the agency’s social media services and oversee our own social media channels.
• Foster existing staff relationships and coordinate closely with colleagues.
• 3-5 years of experience in the digital space with minimum of 2 years of managing social media across multiple channels.
• Must have active (and impressive) accounts across key social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
• Experience with social management tools such as HootSuite, PageLever, Timely, Google Analytics, or similar.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly and effectively.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines and changing needs.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Enthusiasm to continue learning.
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS (experience with WordPress is a plus)
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Working knowledge of social media apps and solutions (e.g. Wildfire).
This is a well-paying, freelance position. Local candidates only. Please send cover letter and resume along with links to social media campaigns that you’ve worked on to: email@example.com. Please provide current hourly rate when submitting your resume and cover letter. This position will require periodic on-site work and attendance at pre-specified internal and external company meetings.
Fill out the form below or call one of our local offices.